online or call (877) 355-5986 to make a reservation.
• As a 501(c)3 non-profit, Pepper Tree Retreat does not charge sales tax. Charges to the retreat, however, are not tax deductible.
• All room rentals under 30 days are charged a 1% Ojai Tourism fee and 8% Ventura County Bed tax
• We ask that you contribute to the quiet atmosphere of the retreat. Please use headphones if you play any audio or video device. Please be respectful of your neighbors in surrounding rooms.
• Rooms may be reserved for a single night, or up to 60 nights. We require a two-night minimum on Fridays & Saturdays, and three or more nights may be necessary on some holiday and special event weekends. Special event/holiday weekends, and long-term reservations require different cancellation periods. Please call us directly for single night stays at the above times, as we do occasionally have them available.
• Pepper Tree Retreat is a vegetarian retreat; please do not cook or consume meat on the premises.
• The retreat is for healthy living. No drugs, alcohol, or smoking allowed on the premises.
• We accept payment by cash, check or credit card. A credit card is required to make a reservation, no charge will be processed until you check-in.
• Rates are based on single or double occupancy, continental breakfast is included with your room.
• We are sorry that we cannot accommodate young children (under 12). Minors 12 – 17 must share a room with a parent or guardian. A rollaway bed for a minor may be added for an additional charge of $35 per stay.
• All reservations can be made at our website online, or by calling the Pepper Tree Retreat. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis, and must be secured with a valid credit card.
• Do not burn candles, incense, or other incendiary materials. No fires are allowed in any fireplace!
• Four guest rooms have their own kitchen--the Lennon Room, the Banyan Tree Room, the Stravinsky Suite, and the Lawrence Suite. Please keep dishes washed and the kitchen cleaned; remove all your food from the refrigerator when you check out. Guests will be responsible for any breakage or missing inventory. A kitchen clean-up charge will be assessed if the kitchen is not as it was when rented.
• The Bohm Room and Lennon Room have an adjoining doorway. Rented together, these two room make a great upstairs apartment.
• We can greet and Check-In guests beginning at 3:00 pm each day, and up until 6:00pm. Early Check-In is by appointment and availability at which time we will do our best to accommodate you. Our office hours are 8:30am-1:00pm and 2:00 to 6:00pm. Please call us to make arrangements for a late Check-In after 6:00pm.
• Our Check-Out time is 11:00 am. For an additional hourly charge, we may be able to accommodate a later Check-Out time.
• We do not allow pets in the rooms except for service animals.
• As a small independently owned retreat, cancellations affect us dearly. Cancellations or changes to an existing reservation will be accepted by telephone ONLY. NO cancellations via fax or Email.
• A $50 Processing Fee will be charged when a single reservation is cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival. If a reservation is cancelled less than 72 hours prior to arrival, the full amount of the stay will be charged.
• Special event/holiday weekends and long-term reservations have a cancellation period of 7 days prior to arrival.
• Reducing the number of days of a stay is considered the same as a cancellation and you will be subject to the same policy as stated above. The minimum stay requirement will still apply.
• Early departures before the scheduled check-out date will constitute a cancellation and monies will not be refundable. Reservations for two or more rooms are considered as a single reservation. Therefore the cancellation policy will apply to a change in the reservation for each individual room.